top of page
Canadian Flag - Work Permit

Work Permit

Join Canadian Workforce

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) – Spouses of Workers/Students in Canada

1. Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP)

SOWP is an Open Work Permit for the spouses (Common-Law Partners or Married) of Foreign Workers and International Students located in Canada. It is designed to promote family reunification and support the integration of spouses into Canadian society while their partners work or study in the country.


Master Immigration Services can represent spouses who are apart from each other to reunite them by preparing their SOWP application, gathering necessary documents, filling out forms, and present the proof of relationship between you and your spouse. 


Inquire us now to find out about your eligibility.

LMIA Work Permit – Supported by a Canadian Employer

2. LMIA Work Permit

If you have a Canadian employer who is eager to have you work for them and they have obtained a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) decision, you have the opportunity to apply for an LMIA-supported Work Permit. This Work Permit is specific to your designated employer, allowing you to work exclusively for them.

To apply for an LMIA Work Permit, applicants need to provide relevant work experience documentation that demonstrates their ability to perform the job offered by the Canadian employer. Master Immigration Services has successfully represented over 200 Temporary Foreign Workers in their Work Permit applications. If you have an employer interested in sponsoring your work in Canada, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. 

Having an LMIA-supported Work Permit is a crucial factor in enhancing an applicant's Express Entry score, ultimately paving the way for permanent residency (PR) in Canada.

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) – Graduated in Canada

3. Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

If you've successfully completed your studies in Canada, you may be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which can be valid for a duration of 1 to 3 years, depending on the length of your academic program. For international graduates, the PGWP serves as the crucial initial step toward the possibility of immigrating to Canada.

In the pursuit of permanent residency in Canada, candidates typically require at least one year of skilled work experience in the country. Many graduates gain this necessary experience while holding a PGWP. Master Immigration Services is ready to assist recent international graduates by representing them and preparing their PGWP applications on their behalf. We also provide valuable consultation on potential pathways to permanent residency, guiding them towards a promising future in Canada.

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) – Waiting for Permanent Residence

4. Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP)

The Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) serves as a valuable bridge between the expiration of temporary resident status, such as a work permit, and the attainment of permanent residence in Canada. It enables individuals who have submitted applications for permanent residency to maintain their employment in Canada while their applications are in the processing stage.

It's essential to note that not all applicants automatically qualify for this work permit upon the submission of their permanent residency application. 


To determine your eligibility and explore your specific options, it is advisable to have your situation assessed.

Vulnerable Worker Open Work Permit (VWOWP) – You Are Victim of Abuse at Work

5. Vulnerable Worker Open Work Permit (VWOWP)

If you find yourself in a situation of abuse or at risk of abuse related to your employment in Canada, you may be eligible for an open work permit specifically designed for vulnerable workers. 

When applying for this permit, it's crucial to provide comprehensive supporting evidence.


The primary purpose of this open work permit is to protect the rights of workers in Canada. It empowers you to leave an abusive work situation and seek new employment in a safer environment. It's important to understand that this is a temporary measure, characterized by certain aspects.

Once we have a better understanding of your situation, we can identify the most effective approach to address and resolve your issue.

Open Work Permit based on a Public Policy – Eligible Under a Temporary Public Policy

6. Open Work Permit based on a Public Policy

Canada proactively responds to humanitarian, natural, and complex crisis situations by establishing Open Work Permit pathways specifically for individuals affected by these circumstances. These pathways offer a means for individuals to prolong their temporary stay in Canada, recognizing that they may be unable to return to their home country due to the challenges posed by the crisis.

Example Programs:

  • Temporary public policy for nationals of Türkiye and Syria affected by the earthquakes of February 6, 2023

  • Temporary public policy for nationals of Sudan in Canada as temporary residents

  • Temporary public policy for nationals of Iran in Canada as temporary residents

We can collaborate to explore your available options and, if there are policies that can work to your advantage, potentially represent you in your application process.

Co-op Work Permit – Co-op Requirement in a Study Program

7. Co-op Work Permit

If your studies consist of a mandatory co-op requirement, or you have recently accepted to a co-op program at your institution, you need to apply for Co-op Work Permit. It is only valid throughout the specified co-op term that you take during your program.

International Experience Canada (IEC) – Work & Travel Experience for People from Eligible Nationalities

8. International Experience Canada (IEC)

IEC allows young individuals from countries that have bilateral agreements with Canada to work, travel and gain valuable international experience in Canada. IEC provides three main streams through which eligible participants can explore Canada:

  1. Working Holiday

  2. Young Professionals

  3. International Co-op (Internship)

Contact us, get your situation assessed by a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant, and find out about your options.

Air Canada Airplane - Best Immigration Services

Book Your Initial Assessment with Sal
A Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC)

bottom of page